We understand that we sometimes may make mistakes, or that you won’t be happy with the service you’ve received. We want to deliver the best experience possible to our customers, but if you feel we’ve not done this, we want to fix this for you.

To get in contact with us to log a complaint, you can contact us by:

  • Calling us on 0333 123 3330. Our office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (the phone lines are closed on bank holidays).
  • You can email us anytime at complaints@thestudentenergygroup.com
  • You can write to us: The Student Energy Group, 4th Floor, Regent House, 50 Frederick Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, England, B1 3HR.

No matter how you get in touch with us, we ask that you provide us with:

  • Your contact details – we may have to contact you in order to get more information in order to resolve your issue.
  • Background information on the issue and how this is affecting you.
  • Your preferred resolution.

We will use this information to raise a complaint on your account and, if we can fix this immediately we will. If we cannot resolve it right away, we will give you a time frame for the issue to be fixed.

Appeals process

If you wish to take your complaint further, the complaint can be passed on to a dedicated complaints specialist. They will review your complaint in full and advise if there’s anything else we are able to do.

If we’re not able to reach an agreeable solution, or your complaint is open for longer than 8 weeks, you can raise your complaint with the Energy Ombudsman. We will write to you explaining everything from our view and make a final offer of resolution. If you decline this offer, we’ll issue a formal deadlock letter which you can take to the Ombudsman for independent investigation.

You can get in touch with the Energy Ombudsman by phone on 0330 440 1624, by email enquiry@ombudsman-services.org or through their website or you can write to them at Ombudsman Service: Energy, PO Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF.

It is a free and independent service, and they will undertake a full review of your concerns and of the actions that have been taken in order to try to get to a resolution. If the Ombudsman finds that we have not acted correctly, then they will tell us what we are required to do in order to put things right.

Links to independent Advice

If you need independent advice at any time, you can contact Citizens Advice by phone on 0808 223 1133 for England and 0808 223 1144 for a Welsh language service.

You can visit their website at www.citizensadvice.org.uk/energy/. Their service is free, independent and confidential.


If you live in Scotland you can contact Advice Direct Scotland; their website is https://energyadvice.scot/ or contact them by phone on 0808 196 8660.

Get a free no obligation quote

It takes less than 2 minutes!

Start your quote